Shadowseal - Roleplaying Community
Please, Log in to see the forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please, Log in to see the forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Master Assassin Silver.
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 pm by Miraz

» Aliaa Mourneshadow- Succubus, Queen of Suffering.
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:33 pm by E1Alpha

» Lord Hebronym the Defiler, the Brother, the Deathbringer - Nathrezim
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 pm by Shadowseal

» Azrel Darkwinter - Lich
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 pm by E1Alpha

» Illidari Battle Mage-Tristanna Fadewing
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:11 am by T3chpriest

» William. Yeah. That's right.
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm by Shadowseal

» Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm by Prototype

» Xu'l the Sunfall - The Sky Shall Rain Blood [ Nathrezim ]
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:16 pm by Shadowseal

» Master Smith
Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:15 am by ssaris

Staff List

Administrator

Shadowseal

Loremaster

E1Alpha

T3chpriest

Event Moderator

E1Alpha

ssaris

Game Master

Lillihugz

Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade

+3
lillihugz
Silver
Prototype
7 posters

Go down

Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade Empty Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:32 am

Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade XylethiasNew

Name:Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Race: Blood Elf

Class: Grand Master Assassin

Eye Color: Green

Languages: Thalassian, Common, Orcish.

Likes: Perfect Kill, Subletly, Information, Women ( When he feels like it ), His own codes and morals, Trollish Herb, Night, Red / White wine ( When he feels like it ).

Dislikes: Arrogance, False Information, Heroes, Failure, Betrayal.

Apperance: Xylethias has pale almost white skin, his eyes are emerald green like many other Sin'dorei, his build is athletic, mostly trained upon agility rather than strenght. He has almost pitch black hair and long brows. His skin is smooth and coatee styled beard on his chin which adds to his mysterious facial appearance. At most point his body and face is flawless like other elves charming to many females depending on if they like elves.

His armor is tight leather which is around his body and limbs giving him exelent mobility and agility, the leather itself has some hand made tribal art which would add to his personality, his face is usually covered with hood and a mask, the color of his armor shifts from gray, red and black. On his back there is a long and extremly sharp katana, on his waist there hangs two sharp daggers which were crafted to leave open wounds after penetrating the flesh, his waist holds a belt which holds a black leather pouch. He also wears a long cape which hides his back and the crossbow beneath it along with some shurikens and throwing knives.
His gloves were specially crafted to both hold a blade running from above his wrists which can be triggered after his fingers push the trigger hidden inside the glove at his palms.

Personality: Xylethias is usually calm, he likes to think trought his plans before rushing into action, using lethality and his agility for advantage over weaker foes or targets. He dislikes being annoyed however, he usually asks the people to stop, if they continue he warns them that they do not want to get themselves into something they have no idea of, due his slightly mysterious and intimidating appearance people should know better and he sees those who disagree to a warning not worthy of having their life, seeing as if they need to learn a leston trought a mistake which could prove fateful for many. If he feels like relaxing he usually takes a glass of red or white wine, depending on his mood, and he also flirts with females either for his personal gain or the mission he needs to undertake and needs information trought seduction rather than direct approach. Many would find him cold, some would find him friendly, but most would find him as a weapon which could prove useful against a foe who is not worthy of holding their life.

History

Chapter I - The Beginning

Xylethias was born in the city of Silvermoon, a highborne child living with his mother and father, his mother had died soon after his birth and his father had died in a battle. His story however begun after he had placed in an orphanage, due him having no other bloodlines to take care of him, he was forced to spent his days near strangers. It did not stop him from having his fun as young as he was, even though it was an orphanage he found alot of friends and had fun with his time that he had. The orphanage was not poor however, it was rather organized and children who were there got adopted fast, many of the highborne did not like to see children growing up without the knowledge passed upon by the parents. And soon enough came the time when young naive Xylethias was taken under the wing of a older man, a Quel'dorei who took the boy away from Silvermoon into the mountains.
As it had seemed later on, Xylethias was not the first orphan there were more than one little ones, there were twenty six at its highest, thirteen were boys and another thirteen were girls. They were all very young and of course confused of why were they taken into the mountains, and why so many.
The man explained that his name will be " Master " and that he will now teach them how to live and survive. As young as they were, they didn't understand the man well nor would they know what was ahead of them.

Chapter II - The Knowledge

Xylethias and others had to start training in the cold mountain air, no civilization was near what so ever, they woke up early on mornings and went to run after they had done the big course from the narrow corners of the mountains they had to go back to do more exercise, which included training all of their muscles. At start they tought they could escape, they found as if they were taken as slaves and put to hard physical work, as they continued to train no knowledge of their location they begun to hold together like a family, helping each other and working harder. As they had done better the Master started teaching them languages, writing and reading and of course speaking. He had always told that one needs to learn to walk before they can run, as confusing as it was they got used to the physical work, they embraced it and wanted to do better.

Chapter III - The Training Continues.

Xylethias and twenty five other were growing in age as their training went harder and harder, it seemed that every time they had accomplished something they were given a harder task in which they had to prove themselves, as brothers and sisters they did what was told they saw the change in their bodies and felt their stamina rising after each week. Time passed like waves in the sea, not caring about the outer world only of the approval from their Master.
Time had come, the Master showed them the weapons, daggers, swords, maces, bows, crossbows and more. They started out with wooden swords, they trained two on two, they found it fun and continued untill they were notified otherwise. Weeks had passed, the wooden swords continued to clash in the cold air between the mountains, they fought more agressive after grasbing the knowledge of their Masters teachings. They were also trained in using daggers which were also made out of wood, hallow from inside and filled with sand to give them weight of a true weapon, they had learned stabing, slashing, countering and defending. Their training continued without a break, day after day.

Chapter IV - Weapons

As their training with wooden weapons had laster alittle over a year, the master brought up true sharp weapons, swords of steel, sharp daggers, arrows and bows and deadly crossbows. They had to once again prove themselves worthy and fight each other with minor impacts so they had to defend each other as best as they could while striking without lethality. They had to grasb the feeling of a true weapon, learn it and master it. The sound of clashing steel was now echoing in the narrow mountain halls. Blood was spilled, many got cuts and bruises from fighting one another however pain was something they had to forget, everything that made them unfocused from combat was a weakness and was punished after being busted with. The punishment was a night in a wooden cage, cage where you cannot sit, only enough room to stand which ended up painful after few hours. As they continued to endure the pain, to learn from their mistakes they had gotten closer to the plans of the Master. Time continued to flow like water.

Chapter V - The Night

One night, it was raining the air was thick and cold, only the bright silver moon shining trought the dark clouds in the dark violet sky. Mud and water everywhere the Master had awakened the teenagers, many were confused of why their master had awakend them it was not like him at all, he asked them to dress up and take their weapons then come outside into a line up. As they had gathered their weapons and put on their clothes they went into the rain, Master had told that now was the test they had trained for, the test that shows them if they are worthy of the knowledge and training he as given, they had to face one another, brothers and sisters. As they had moved to face each other, they were told to fight, that only thirteen shall remain for tommorow, escaping would mean death and the ultimate dishonor. As they had trained to be loyal and merciless, they only bowed their head understandting that it was the point of their life they had trained for, their meaning.
The battle started, some of them couln't kill the brother or sister they loved so they died willingly, many had fought till the last drop of blood, many had died cause of failure. Only thirteen remained, thirteen bloody faces in the mud, thirteen were worthy. Xylethias like others showed no emotion towards the death of their loved brother or sister, knowing that cryng over their death would be a weakness something that would dishonor the fallen. So they had carried the bodies and limbs of the fallen into coffins which were burried the next day in a snowy plane not far from the mountains.

Chapter VI - Tests

As their training continued between the chosen ones as their master called them, they were now given notes after each week, everyone recieved a letter with a rose upon them. From the letter everyone would find a card which had three things on them. Name, place and time. Indeed those were the notes of assassinations, people who needed to die for something they had no interest in, they knew what they had to do and they did it willingly. They killed without mercy, without emotion and in a manner of perfection, then dissapearing from the scenes like ghosts. Every month someone died without the cause unknown to them, they held together as a family and agreed to never give up untill the last breath in their body. Master had only told them that they were tests, tests of skills which they would need in the upcoming task. The master had always a plan which he did not share exept from telling about an important task they need to take care of in the future. Nothing more, nothing less. As they had felt what it feels to rend the flesh from the enemy, cutting off their limbs or brutally penetrating someones skull with a crossbow they were now true masters of death, the carriers of the scythe, the ghosts from the darkness, merciless force trained from a child to adulthood they were ready.

Chapter VII - Freedom

As Master had told Xylethias and those who had remained from the cold fateful night, that they were now ready to discover the world and see its corruption, the opportunities and the knowledge it holds. They were sent out to the different sides of Azeroth not giving any knowledge of where one was sent, they only knew that it was nessecary inorder to fufill the Masters vision and gain his approval. Xylethias was sent into Duskwood the reason why he was sent there was unknown, only that he needs to find that which offers him the most benefit and gives them the upper hand in the dance of life and death.
Xylethias had arrived into Duskwood, roaming around the corrupted forest he quickly found out that it was infested with worgen and even undead, he moved to a place they called Raven Hill, many had said that the place his haunted and most who had common sense wouldnt had dared to set their feet upon the forsaken land. Xylethias however knew no fear and ventured trought Raven Hill into the cemetary, finding alot of skeletons and giantic spiders he removed or evaded them with ease due their primitive knowledge and stradegy, by exploiting their weaknesses they were no match for the skilled assassin. He continued the search, finding a old house as he approached it the area around the house turned darker, sharows consuming the surroundings he knew that it was the place he had seeked. From that day on, his last name become Duskblade, for he strikes from the guise of shadows. He then remained in Duskwood for a while, and usually spends his time there untill he has an assignment or his own business elsewhere.

Chapter VIII - Scourge and Silvermoon

Duskblade had returned to Silvermoon only to find it in ruins, and many of his race killed off by the scourge, feeling the energies coming from within the city he knew that something was wrong. Soon he had found out that the Sunwell had been destroyed, never really being interested in magic the addiction to arcane was not that bad though he could feel it in his blood and mind. As he moved around the city he quickly discovered that all of the Quel'dorei that were left, were now channeling Fel into their bodies. Assuming that it was nessecary he found himself near a Felcrystal, after placing his hand on it he felt his power rising, the Fel corrupting his body he had soon enough lost his conscious and fell to the cold stone ground. Upon wakening, his eyes had shifted the color from saphire sky blue to emerald green, his body strenghtened and same time weakened by the Fel. It gave him strenght but took it after he felt the addiction for it, now being like many of the Sin'dorei he walks upon the land, seeking to do what ever is nessecary to make his Master proud and bring back the family of chosen blades.

Knowledge of Applied Class:

Assassins are the masters of subletly and murder, they take the art of killing to the level of perfection and try to achieve kills better than their last one. Their knowledge of murder and lethality is almost unmatchable due their hard training and constant awareness. They train all of their senses and hone them to perfection to be the best man at what they do. Assassins tend to work alone at most part, they don't trust many enough to let them know of their plans, and even if they do have to since the moment demmands it they usually have a backuplan which should give them an easy escape. Assassins also tend to use lethal poisons and unfair advantages over their targets, exploiting weakspots and striking from the shadows before escaping and relyng on their agility to evade obstacles or dodge enemy attacks. They truly are one of the best in close quarter combats and there arent many who wish such killer in their tail, it usually ends with the target dead and the assassin payed. They tend to rely on their gut feeling and learn their targets before striking, patience and time is weapon on their side giving them cards which they can exploit upon their chosen target. They usually keep a low profile and try to keep common eyes from seeing them doing their work, they choose to approach their targets from range using bows or deadly crossobows, bolts that can puncture armor and deadly venom which finishes the target off by the time assassin has feld the scene.
Most assassins don't use magic and rely on their dextirity or agility more than brute strenght, seeing their agile movement around a heavy armored unit or a foe with a two hander easy to exploit and flank from the sides while he is swinging his heavy weapon or tries to move with the extremly heavy armor such as plate. Epic or Grand Assassins have the ability to use Dimensional Door, which is basically teleport from one location to the desired location be it visualizing or straight seen, you always arrive in desired location. ( Its written in wow RPG and in Dungeons of Dragons. I was also confirmed by 3 lore knowing people. Smile ) Grand Master Assassin has honed their skill of death to the highest and are most likely unmatchable at what they do.

Abilities: Hide in the Shadows
Dimensional Door
Extreme Agility and Precision
Lethal Poisons
Hidden Blades
Throwing Knives / Shurikens
Crossbow / Bow
Dual Daggers
Dual Swords

I agree to the Terms of Service

I do agree to the terms and do my best not to godmode, metagame or powergame. I take responcibility and belive I have the skills to RP a Grand Assassin. Ive done it in the past in few servers and Xylethias is one of my developed charachers ( Not as much as Xu'l though ) Also, Silver needs to meet his old master ;3

Note: Thank you for reading my application and I hope you liked it. I am sorry if I had typos or any other gramatical mistakes. If you see anything wrong via lore or level of power please say so in the comments and Il see to that it will be changed / explained. ^^ Also.. peace :3
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade Empty Re: Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade

Post  Silver Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 am

First thing that came to mind durring "Likes" was: "Sunsets, long walks at the beach and dolphins." But yeah yeah xD

I am not supriced as this application is great. However i feel Silver was worth mentioning D: Even if it was not by name, simply by mentioning SOME apprentice. But well well. If you were to include all rp on this char it would be long.

I disapprove of dimentional door. It might be correct lorewise and confirmed but i feel the ability itself is too strong.

Else than that i find the apply to be more the satisfactory. I see no reason for this application to be denied exept from the current status of the server.

Vouched and if it would get accepted i am looking forward too as a child on christmass eve, to get back to RP along with this character.
Silver
Silver
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  lillihugz Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:08 am

I hate having to explain myself twice ...
Its a great application and the history is very good though like Silver said the dimensional door does seem a little OP unless he can only use it once in a month or so ... anyway I vouch ... again
lillihugz
lillihugz

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 am

lillihugz wrote:I hate having to explain myself twice ...
Its a great application and the history is very good though like Silver said the dimensional door does seem a little OP unless he can only use it once in a month or so ... anyway I vouch ... again

It is OP but its explained that they can use it.. and I like it o.O
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:46 am

I would prefer something like once every 5 hour or something, eliminating it from combat use. As a way of travel i see no problem with it.
Silver
Silver
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 am

Just so I would make it clear and would show that its not epically OP then read what it does in Dungeons and Dragons:

" You instantly transfer yourself from your current location to any other spot within range. You always arrive at exactly the spot desired—whether by simply visualizing the area or by stating direction. After using this spell, you can’t take any other actions until your next turn. You can bring along objects as long as their weight doesn’t exceed your maximum load. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) or its equivalent per three caster levels. A Large creature counts as two Medium creatures, a Huge creature counts as two Large creatures, and so forth. All creatures to be transported must be in contact with one another, and at least one of those creatures must be in contact with you.
If you arrive in a place that is already occupied by a solid body, you and each creature traveling with you take 1d6 points of damage and are shunted to a random open space on a suitable surface within 100 feet of the intended location.
If there is no free space within 100 feet, you and each creature traveling with you take an additional 2d6 points of damage and are shunted to a free space within 1,000 feet. If there is no free space within 1,000 feet, you and each creature travelling with you take an additional 4d6 points of damage and the spell simply fails. "

So thats the way I will probably use it, removing the /roll system that is.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:56 am

What does "within range" mean here? Visual range? Continent?
Silver
Silver
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:13 am

Silver wrote:What does "within range" mean here? Visual range? Continent?

I suppose its visual range, well.. its moving to another dimension from the one we presently are meaning I can move where I wish and become visible when I want. I suppose it would also explain stealth or ( vanish )
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:15 am

And the damage part of it. How are you going to implement that?
Silver
Silver
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:35 am

Silver wrote:And the damage part of it. How are you going to implement that?

I don't really teleport inside things.
Thatswhy I said without the roll part due this being WoW not D&D but the skill is in WoW RPG aswell dunno the starts and craps, but they were pretty similar.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  ssaris Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:37 am

the way i see it, not even considering the damage part yet, it takes a lot of DnD rules into effect... range, turn, weight, etc... I don't see weight, turns, or range being implemented simply, so I can't see a logical way this spell can be used without being OP... It would however make a few of your characters abilities logical, though this one itself doesn't fit, the way I see it
ssaris
ssaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:50 am

ssaris wrote:the way i see it, not even considering the damage part yet, it takes a lot of DnD rules into effect... range, turn, weight, etc... I don't see weight, turns, or range being implemented simply, so I can't see a logical way this spell can be used without being OP... It would however make a few of your characters abilities logical, though this one itself doesn't fit, the way I see it

This is in Warcraft RPG as I stated above, I can't find it trought internet due it being in a book.
The basic of that skill is still from Dungeons and Dragons. I wanted to clear how I am going to use it, I cannot really jump/damage with it. What I may however do is use dimensional door to appear behind you with my hands held out and hope you run into them. Which of course is up to you.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowseal Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 am

Hmm, a good application but as, Lilli and Silver said the dimensional door seem abit, off the track but, if it's written in lore then it is allowed, though I do not want to see it get abused.

As if I do see it get abused your character will get revoked, so be careful when it comes to the door.

Vouched.
Shadowseal
Shadowseal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:12 am

Shadowseal wrote:Hmm, a good application but as, Lilli and Silver said the dimensional portals seem abit, off the track but if it's written in lore then it is allowed, though I do not want to see it get abused.

As if I do see it get abused your character will get revoked, so be careful when it comes to the portal.

Vouched.

In what manner is " Abuse " the fact that an Assassin would use something that gives an unfair advantage is logical, wouldnt you agree?
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  ssaris Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:20 am

either way, without the tabletop RPG rules like range, turns, and weight, it is still quite overpowered in my opinion... And an assassin using whatever ways possible to succeed is logical, though it's not an excuse to abuse a privilege given to you
ssaris
ssaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 am

ssaris wrote:either way, without the tabletop RPG rules like range, turns, and weight, it is still quite overpowered in my opinion... And an assassin using whatever ways possible to succeed is logical, though it's not an excuse to abuse a privilege given to you

Ssaris, in RP there are still turns. My turn to emote and your turn to emote. When I use my turn to use the Door then its my choise, then comes the turn of the one fighting. If Id " Abuse it " then I would be using the door all the time without getting an actual chance to attack. If I wont use the Door I will have a turn to attack. Simple. I talked it out with Pein, it will be used in cases in which I have no chance or if it would give me a stradegic good position. Its not a combat abilty, rather the ability to stay active in the battle by moving to locations where you would gain an advatage over your enemy. Incase you don't know that is what rogues and assassins are all about. Now, if you don't give your vouch then so be it, if you do then please do so. Lets not go off topic ^^ Kay?

After using this spell, you can’t take any other actions until your next turn.

The damage however would most likely come when you visualize a spot you have never been before, and might end up inside a wall or worse in which case its your luck. When you are unlucky you will end up dead.
Would also bring Fererence to " Nightcrawler " from the X - Men series who worked on the same base of this Assassin ability.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  T3chpriest Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 am

I read through it yes. But as everyone has stated that Dimensional door. I'll keep an eye on. But a great application

Vouched.
T3chpriest
T3chpriest

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 am

T3chpriest wrote:I read through it yes. But as everyone has stated that Dimensional door. I'll keep an eye on. But a great application

Vouched.

I am thankful for the vouch.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Application is very good and lore correct

About the dimensional door, here's my offer:
I allow the usage of it for travelling, but in combat. I want it limited to requiring a lot of your energy for it and ofcourse, no attack in the same turn as you executed.

That's my offer, take it or leave it.

Other than that: Vouched

You just require one more staff or veteran vouch and this is approved.
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:37 pm

E1Alpha wrote:Application is very good and lore correct

About the dimensional door, here's my offer:
I allow the usage of it for travelling, but in combat. I want it limited to requiring a lot of your energy for it and ofcourse, no attack in the same turn as you executed.

That's my offer, take it or leave it.

Other than that: Vouched

You just require one more staff or veteran vouch and this is approved.

As I stated like 3 times, it is one turn thing. When I use it I cannot attack unless I am cunning and see the enemy sprinting towards me, would use it inorder to pop few meters infront of the foe with my hands steady and reached out, leaving the emote to the one who sprints weather he runs into my daggers or not, in which case it is not my fault =3 ..technically.

Anyways, I do use it to travel and evade, to gain unfair advantage ( From a distance with a crossbow for example ) over my foes. Sounds good?
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowseal Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm

This application has been approved and moved.

Happy RPing and remember, we'll keep an eye on you.
Shadowseal
Shadowseal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Shadowseal wrote:This application has been approved and moved.

Happy RPing and remember, we'll keep an eye on you.

The eye is watching.. o.O

Spoiler:
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum